FabTime Releases Version 7.5 of Web-Based Digital Dashboard Software for Cycle Time Management
San Jose, CA | December 6, 2005
FabTime Inc. today announced the immediate release of Version 7.5 of their cycle time management software for semiconductor wafer fabs. New features in the version include:
- Dispatch performance reporting.
- Enhanced dispatch factors and dispatch scoring, including a reservation system to hold downstream tools when a lot is started on an upstream tool.
- Flexible charts capable of displaying any type of WIP transaction.
- Forecast outs charts.
- An XFactor parameter for lot progress charts, so that a multiple of theoretical cycle time may be used for estimated cycle times and required times, rather than planned cycle time.
- New chart formatting controls, to place a user-defined background stripe (horizontal or vertical) on any chart, and to add custom chart titles.
- Enhanced results-caching and speed optimization for many chart types.
- A new area-level arrivals alert (number of arrivals to an area during some time period).
FabTime Version 7.5 supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005, as well as Windows Server 2003. All end-user access to FabTime is via Microsoft Internet Explorer (Versions 5 and higher).
FabTime is a web-based digital dashboard designed to give semiconductor wafer fab managers the information that they need, in real-time, to run their fabs effectively. FabTime extracts lot move and equipment state transaction data from the fab manufacturing execution system (MES) in near-real time, and processes this data into a database. Users then access the data via a web browser from anywhere within the corporate Intranet.
The FabTime system consists of a series of pre-optimized charts demonstrating critical fab performance measures such as cycle time, work-in-process, moves, turns and tool states. Users can filter data by lot owner, shift, production area, and other variables, and can drill-down for more detailed information. FabTime also includes a user-defined alert capability by which users can be notified by email or pager when some condition is met (such as some tool being down for more than one hour). The software includes optional modules for shift-level production planning, static capacity planning, and lot dispatching. FabTime is designed for hands-on use by managers and supervisors. It is currently in 24-hour use in six fabs around the world, with a seventh just beginning installation. More information about FabTime’s software is available at www.fabtime.com/software-overview.com
About FabTime Inc.
FabTime Inc. is the first company to focus solely on the challenging problem of cycle time management for semiconductor wafer fabrication facilities. We believe that the cycle time problems faced by wafer fabs are uniquely difficult and that our customers will be well-served by a company that declares its focus and sticks to it. To that end, we offer cycle time management software and training, as well as a free email newsletter dedicated to discussing best practices for fab cycle time improvement. FabTime’s website is located at www.FabTime.com.
Copyright ©1999-2023 FabTime Inc.